Latest stable release 3.0
FreeBSD version thanks to Jesse Smith
32 bit version: ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/i386/8/multimedia/imagination/imagination-3.0-i386.pbi
64 bit version: ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/x64/8/multimedia/imagination/imagination-3.0-amd64.pbi
Linux version: download it from sourceforge.net.
This is the changelog:
- Added Chinese simplified and Chinese traditional translations
- Icons in the transition menu are animated
- Fixed bug 2900684 in the VOB exported aspect ratio
- Added French translation of the documentation thanks to Yann Ubuntu
- Added Catalan translation thanks to Manuel Tortosa
- Added border to fonts thanks to Robert Cheramy.
- Added HD support
- Fixed ffmpeg support
- Improved handling of Image not found
- Fixed export video extension
- Imagination projects should now have .img as an extention
- Changed behaviour of "new" and "open" (now work as expected)
- Fixed #2905255 (Copy/Paste bug)
Stable release 2.1:
- Added a new transition family named Rochade.
- Added 3GP export for mobile phones.
- Fixed seg-fault when using Imagination with GTK 2.18
- Fixed crash when playing with Ken Burns and slide text after closing the project.
- Added a Slides Transitions Report Dialog. Please give feedback on this.
- Added Japanese translation.
- Fixed display of music duration after loading the slideshow.
- Fixed seg-fault when exporting with more audio files.
- Image rotation is now stored inside project file.
Stable release 2.0:
You can download the 2.0 release from sourceforge.net. It follows the changelog:
- Made the audio files to be concatenated, trimmed at slideshow length and have fade-out effect at the end.
- Fixed save warning dialog to appear when it shouldn't.
- Fixed rescale images regression.
- FLV export supports several video sizes.
Changelog of beta release 2.0b1:
- Fixed bug that caused exported slideshows being 20% longer than reported by Imagination.
- Added ability to insert an empty slide with the option to choose a background color gradient in three different ways: solid, linear and radial.
- Added Widescreen option to FLV exported video.
- Added Cut/Copy/Paste ability on the slides.
- Added Dissolve transition effect.
- Added an overview mode to the GUI which displays slides in a matrix.
- Added icons on the slides for indicating the transition type and if text is set on the slide.
- Added ability to add text on the slides with some text animations.
- Added HTML documentation.
- Added Ken Burns effects.
- Made GUI work better on smaller screens.
- Added russian translation.
- Changed suffix for exported OGG Theora/Vorbis slideshow to ".ogv".
- A progress bar is now displayed when loading a project with many slides.
- Fixed missed update of the total time slideshow when deleting slides.
- Added "Insert" family transitions thanks to Jean-Pierre Redonnet.
- Added slide total number on the toolbar thanks to David Prieto for the idea.
- Slides can be rotated inside Imagination but the original image won't be affected since the EXIF info would be lost.
- Added ability to import audio with drag and drop.
- Added first, prev, next and last buttons to move the selection on the slides; thanks to David Prieto for the suggestions.
- Added ability to import pictures with drag and drop.
- Centered the Heart transition effect of the Misc Shape Wipe family.
- Removed ffmpeg's dependancy in the configure script.
- Use icons from the current Gtk theme for import image and import sound menu/toolbar entries thanks to David Prieto for the idea.
- Changed accelerator of menu Slide->Delete to DEL key.
Changelog of release 1.5:
- Added ability to add audio to the slideshow.
- Added OGG Theora/Vorbis slideshow export.
- Last slide closes the slideshow with the same transition applied to the first one.
- Imagination can open project specified on cmd-line, thanks to Jean-Pierre Redonnet for the code.
- Imagination can produce OGG and FLV with different video quality, thanks to Jean-Pierre Redonnet for the idea.
- Added ability to randomly choose the transitions.
- Grouped the transitions in families and added icons for describing the effect.
- Added new transitions effects: Barn Door Wipe, Box Tie Wipe, Four Box Wipe, Ellipse Wipe, Diagonal Wipe, Clock Wipe, Wave, Misc Diagonal Wipe and Misc Shape Wipe families thanks to Tadej Borovšak.
- Added man page thanks to Alessio Treglia.
- Added French, Czech, Brazilian Portuguese, German and Spanish translations.
To compile Imagination you need the gtk+2 development packages for your distro, libsox-dev and ffmpeg. To export to DVD Video, if you are using Ubuntu, you need the ffmpeg related packages listed here otherwise Imagination won't be able to export to DVD Video.
The development version can always be downloaded from the Imagination svn server using the following command:
svn co http://imagination.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/imagination/trunk imagination